Live with peace of mind. Find and treat health problems early. Preventive care is critical for your overall health.
- Welcome to Medicare Visit: A one-time visit covered within the first 12 months of enrolling in Medicare Part B. During this visit, your provider gets to know you, learns about your medical history and current health, and performs a few tests and screenings.
- Annual Wellness Visit: Covered every 12 months to develop or update a personalized prevention plan based on your current health and risk factors.
Tip: Bring this checklist to make the most out of your visit.
Then, follow-up and (stay on top of) your routine screenings and exams, which may include:
- Breast cancer screening (mammogram)
- Cervical cancer screening
- Colorectal cancer screenings
- Diabetes screenings
- Diabetes self-management training, diabetic services, and supplies
- Prostate cancer screenings
Advantage MD members have no cost share for preventive services received from in-network providers and facilities. Some services need a referral or have other medical requirements that must be met.
Find more details about these services—and all other no-cost preventive services—in your plan’s Evidence of Coverage here. (The Medical Benefits Chart chapter of this document lists services in alphabetical order and marks preventive services with a blue apple symbol.)