With so many benefits, it’s important to understand your Advantage MD coverage to get the most out of your health care. Use the chart below to see your benefits at-a-glance.
For specific information on your benefits, use our interactive tool to browse your covered benefits. You can also download a PDF of your plan’s summary of benefits.
Our Service AreaCollapseExpand
Advantage MD offers plans for Medicare-eligible residents in 10 counties. See the map below for our service area.
The Johns Hopkins Advantage MD (HMO) service area includes the following counties in Maryland: Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Frederick, Howard, Montgomery, Somerset, Washington, Wicomico, and Worcester.
The Johns Hopkins Advantage MD (PPO) and Johns Hopkins Advantage MD Plus (PPO) service area include the following counties in Maryland: Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Carroll, Frederick, Howard, Somerset, Washington, Wicomico, and Worcester. (Not available in Montgomery County.)
The Johns Hopkins Advantage MD Premier (PPO) service area includes Montgomery County only.
The Johns Hopkins Advantage MD (D-SNP) service area includes the following counties in Maryland: Anne Arundel, Howard and Montgomery. (Not available in Baltimore, Carroll, Frederick, Somerset, Washington, Wicomico and Worcester counties.)
The Johns Hopkins Advantage MD Tribute (HMO) and Johns Hopkins Advantage MD Primary (PPO) service area include the following counties in Maryland: Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Frederick, Howard, and Montgomery. (Not available in Carroll, Somerset, Washington, Wicomico, and Worcester counties.)
As a member of our PPO, Plus PPO, Primary PPO, or Premier PPO plan, you can choose to receive care from out-of-network providers. These plans will cover services from either in-network or out-of-network providers, as long as the services are covered benefits and medically necessary. For more information about cost-sharing for out-of-network providers, please refer to the Medical Benefits chart in Chapter 4 of your plan’s EOC.
As a member of our HMO, Tribute HMO, or D-SNP plans, you must use in-network providers to get your medical care and services. Care you receive from an out-of-network provider will not be covered. The only exceptions are emergencies, urgently needed services in which the network is not available (generally, when you are out of the area), out-of-area dialysis, and in cases in which Johns Hopkins Advantage MD (HMO) authorizes use of out of network providers. For more information about the network, please refer to Chapter 3 of your plan’s EOC.
Johns Hopkins OnDemand Virtual CareCollapseExpand
Get care anytime, anywhere with Johns Hopkins OnDemand Virtual Care. Connect through your mobile device or computer for a video visit with a health care provider 24/7, from anywhere in the United States. Johns Hopkins OnDemand Virtual Care has providers ready to care for you at any time, no appointment needed. A health care provider is available within minutes to review symptoms and prescribe medications, as necessary.
Common uses for this service include minor care concerns, such as:
- Cold and flu symptoms
- Sinus problems
This service is available to all Advantage MD plan members.
Do not use Johns Hopkins OnDemand Virtual Care for emergency medical matters.
Call 911 if you are experiencing a medical emergency.
Explanation of Hearing Aid CoverageCollapseExpand
Johns Hopkins Advantage MD covers up to two hearing aids per year when purchased through TruHearing.
Features for 2023
- Additional channels and programs for a more customized listening experience.
- State-of-the-art technology that helps you hear speech even in noisy environments.
- Own Voice Processing (OVP) for a more natural sound to your own voice.
- Smartphone-compatible directly to iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devices so you can stream audio and phone calls directly to your ears (connectivity is also available to many Android phones with use of a phone clip accessory.)
- Rechargeable battery upgrade option on the TruHearing Premium RIC Li, Slim RIC Li, Standard BTI Li, and CROS Li styles for an additional $50 per aid.
- 2 hearing aids per year when purchased through TruHearing
- 3 follow-up visits with an in-network provider for fitting and adjustment of hearing aids
- 60-day trial
- 3-year manufacturer warranty for repairs and one-time loss and damage replacement
- 80 batteries per aid included with non-rechargeable models
How to Get Hearing Aids
- Call us and ask for TruHearing. PPO members: call 877-293-5325 (TTY: 711); HMO members: call 877-293-4998 (TTY: 711).
- A TruHearing hearing consultant will verify your coverage and help you set up a hearing exam with an audiologist or hearing instrument specialist in your area.
- If hearing loss is discovered, your audiologist or hearing instrument specialist will help you choose the right hearing aids and order them through TruHearing.
- When the hearing aids arrive, you’ll return to have them fitted and programmed by your audiologist or hearing instrument specialist.
*Three follow-up visits must be used within one year after the date of initial purchase. Forty-five-day trial and hearing aid returns, repairs, and replacements subject to provider and manufacturer fees. For questions regarding fees, contact TruHearing customer service at 800-334-1807 (TTY: 711).
The Silver&Fit® Exercise and Healthy Aging ProgramCollapseExpand
With the Silver&Fit® Healthy Aging and Exercise program, you can choose either a fitness center membership at a participating fitness center or the Silver&Fit Home Fitness Program.
- You can join a participating Silver&Fit fitness center in our service area at no charge and take advantage of all of the services and amenities that are included as part of your basic fitness center membership.* Amenities offered by fitness centers vary by location. Any nonstandard fitness center service that typically requires an additional fee is not included in your basic fitness membership (for example, court fees or personal trainer services).
- You can switch to another participating Silver&Fit fitness center once a month and your change will be effective the first of the following month. To find a participating fitness center, you can search for the closest Silver&Fit fitness centers to you on the Silver&Fit website at www.SilverandFit.com.
- If you prefer to work out at home in lieu of a participating fitness center, you have the option to enroll in the Silver&Fit Home Fitness Program and receive up to two home fitness kits each benefit year at no charge.
- As an eligible member, you also have access to read the quarterly Silver Slate® newsletters and Healthy Aging educational materials by visiting the Silver&Fit website. Or you can request the Silver Slate newsletter and Healthy Aging Educational materials be mailed to you every quarter once you have enrolled into the Silver&Fit program.
*Non-standard services that call for an added fee are not part of the Silver&Fit program and will not be reimbursed. The Silver&Fit program is provided by American Specialty Health Fitness, Inc., a subsidiary of American Specialty Health Incorporated (ASH). Silver&Fit and the Silver Slate are federally registered trademarks of ASH and used with permission herein.