2023 Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medications
Looking for 2024 Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medications?
As a member of Johns Hopkins Advantage MD, you can save money on a wide variety of over-the-counter (OTC) health items, such as drugs, supplies, and self-care products without a prescription, through the plan’s 2023 OTC benefit for Advantage MD (HMO), Primary (PPO), and D-SNP (HMO).
The OTC benefit offers you an easy way to get generic over-the-counter health and wellness products that you use every day by ordering online, over the phone, or visiting an OTC Health Solutions-enabled CVS Pharmacy store.
This OTC catalog contains a complete listing of all plan-covered OTC drugs, supplies, self-care products and the price of each item.
Order your OTC items in the way that’s easiest for you.
- Login to CVS and explore approved OTC products. If you do not have an account, click the “Create Account” button and, with your member ID, follow the instructions to create an account and password that you will use each time you log in. Need help locating your member ID? Select “Get help locating your member ID.”
- After logging into your account, you can view your benefit amount and balance, and browse thousands of available products. After adding items to your basket, simply “checkout”. Your order total will automatically deduct from your balance.
- Once your order has been placed, an email will be sent to you with tracking information, and another email once your order is delivered. Your order will arrive in 14 days.
*Note: Orders for each benefit period must be placed by 11:59 PM ET of the last day of the period.
To order over the phone, find the products you want to order in the catalog, have your member ID ready and call 888-628-2770 (TTY: 711) and speak to a live agent. Monday to Friday, from 9 AM to 8 PM ET.
By IVR System:
- Call OTC Health Solutions® (OTCHS) at 888-628-2770, using your phone number on file with Advantage MD. When prompted, provide your date of birth and verify your name and address on the account.
- Enter the numerical portion of the item code to order.
Online & Phone Orders
Members can receive one home delivery per quarter for orders placed online or by phone. Shop smart and be sure to use your entire benefit amount each quarter.
Quarterly benefit periods:
- Quarter 1 (January, February and March)
- Quarter 2 (April, May and June)
- Quarter 3 (July, August and September)
- Quarter 4 (October, November and December)
- Browse the OTCHS catalog for approved health items and prices.
- Visit the CVS website to find the nearest OTC Health Solutions® (OTCHS) enabled store.
- Inside the store, look for blue items in the OTCHS section, identifying eligible products.
- Redeem OTC benefits and verify eligibility at the store register by presenting your member ID card to a cashier prior to scanning.
Redeem using a QR Code:
- Print this QR code and present at any register at a participating OTC Health Solutions® (OTCHS) enabled store.
- The cashier will scan the code that will direct them to OTCHS App on the point-of-sale (POS) terminal.
- You will be asked to present your member ID card to verify your eligibility.
- The cashier will scan your products and complete the transaction.
Note: OTC products are intended for members’ use only. Advantage MD prohibits the use of this OTC benefit to order products for family members and friends. Available products and brands may change throughout the year and are subject to availability. Quantity limits may apply to select items.
Due to the personal nature of the products, no returns or exchanges are allowed. If you have not received your order or if you received a defective or damaged item, please call OTC Health Solutions within 30 days of placing your order.
If your item is not in stock, an item of similar or greater value may be substituted in your order.
Frequently asked questions
Where can I find my member ID number?CollapseExpand
It can be found on the front of your health plan ID card.
How much is my OTC benefit?CollapseExpand
The amount depends on your benefit plan. Check your plan documents or call OTC Health Solutions at 888-628-2770 (TTY: 711).
Can I carry over unused benefit amount to the next benefit period?CollapseExpand
Unused benefit amounts do not roll over to the next quarter.
Can I order more than my benefit amount?CollapseExpand
You cannot exceed your benefit amount online or by phone. However, you may exceed your benefit amount at an OTC Health Solutions-enabled CVS Pharmacy store and pay the difference out of pocket.
Are all items available at the stores?CollapseExpand
Not all items are available in stores. Items marked with a “8” in the catalog can only be ordered over the phone or online.
Can I cancel my order once it has been placed?CollapseExpand
Orders can only be cancelled within ONE HOUR after being processed.
How will the items be shipped?CollapseExpand
Items are shipped via USPS to your home at no charge to you. Please allow up to 14 days for delivery.