Johns Hopkins Advantage MD is always looking for ways to empower you to live a healthy life. With Plan Perks, we find products and services that support your goals and make these available for you at discounted rates. Get the value of these programs today!
Better Hearing, Better Health
Johns Hopkins Advantage MD covers up to two hearing aids per year when purchased through TruHearing.
New Features for 2019
- Additional channels and programs for a more customized listening experience.
- State-of-the-art technology that helps you hear speech even in noisy environments.
- Own Voice Processing (OVP) for a more natural sound to your own voice.
- Smartphone-compatible directly to iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch devises so you can stream audio and phone calls directly to your ears (connectivity is also available to many Android phones with use of a phone clip accessory.)
- Rechargeable battery upgrade option on the TruHearing Premium 19 RIC Li model for $75 per aid.
- 2 hearing aids per year when purchased through TruHearing
- 3 follow-up visits with an in-network provider for fitting and adjustment of hearing aids
- 45-day trial
- 3-year manufacturer warranty for repairs and one-time loss and damage replacement
- 48 batteries per aid included with non-rechargeable models
- TruHearing branded Advanced 19: $699 per aid
- TruHearing branded Premium 19: $999 per aid
- Initial hearing exam: $0
How to Get Hearing Aids
- Call us and ask for TruHearing. PPO members: call 1-877-293-5325 (TTY: 711); HMO members: call 1-877-293-4998 (TTY: 711).
- A TruHearing hearing consultant will verify your coverage and help you set up a hearing exam with an audiologist or hearing instrument specialist in your area.
- If hearing loss is discovered, your audiologist or hearing instrument specialist will help you choose the right hearing aids and order them through TruHearing.
- When the hearing aids arrive, you’ll return to have them fitted and programmed by your audiologist or hearing instrument specialist.
*Three follow-up visits must be used within one year after the date of initial purchase. Forty-five-day trial and hearing aid returns, repairs, and replacements subject to provider and manufacturer fees. For questions regarding fees, contact TruHearing customer service at 1-800-334-1807 (TTY: 711).
Perk: A full-year subscription for just $39!
Wherever you are in your health and fitness journey, BurnAlong can help. This fitness and wellness program offers more than 1,000 classes in 30 categories, including cardio, mindfulness, nutrition, and physical therapy. Classes are available at every skill level and feature local and national instructors. The best part—you can take these classes on your own schedule, at your own pace and convenience. Stream them anytime, alone or with friends, using your computer, tablet, or phone, or casting it to your T.V. Advantage MD members can sign up for an entire year of unlimited BurnAlong classes for just $39!
- Go to https://go.burnalong.com/register
- Put in your information and select annual plan.
- Put in discount code JH39
Perk: $35 off your first order!
Delicious, healthy, home-cooked meals just got a little easier. With Home Chef, you choose a meal, and they deliver the fresh, pre-portioned ingredients to your home. That’s right, no shopping required. The recipes are easy to follow, so you can create and plate a tasty dinner in about 30 minutes. Choose from 18 meal options every week, including steak, chicken, pork, fish, and vegetarian dishes. Meals start at $7.99 per serving.
Use this Perk: Enter the code ADVMD35 at checkout, or click here to automatically apply the perk.
The products and services described are neither offered nor guaranteed under our contract with the Medicare program. The products offered are not a benefit of our plan and plan members are responsible for costs associated with the value added items and services. The products offered are only available to plan members, dependents, spouses, and other non-plan enrollees are not permitted to receive the value added items and services. In addition, they are not subject to the Medicare appeals process. Any disputes regarding these products and services may be subject to the Advantage MD grievance process.