Doing More for You
At Johns Hopkins Advantage MD, we believe taking charge of your health is one of the most important things you can do. Your health is our number one priority, and we strive to help all of our members lead fulfilling lives. Enjoy all of the wellness benefits we have to offer at no additional cost.
Care Managers can collaborate with you and all of your health care providers to help you improve your quality of life by:
- Assessing your psychosocial, spiritual, and financial needs
- Providing education to improve self-management of your health to help you manage your own health better
- Assisting with referrals to specialty providers
- Coordinating care with our outreach and health education department, home health, and other health and community agencies
- Providing ongoing communication to check progress and review if continuing services are required
Complex Care Management
Complex Care Management is provided for you if you have medical conditions requiring additional, specialized care. Once this need has been identified, our highly-qualified staff will work with you to determine the specific services you require. The nurses and social workers on our staff are trained to help you with a wide range of services.
Care Management is also available for the following:
- Transitions from an inpatient hospital stay to a lower level of care and then home (staff works with you, providers and families on discharge planning, care coordination, and education)
- Chronic Health Conditions
- Advance Care Planning
- Behavioral Health
Other population health-based services:
- Periodic mailings of educational materials focused on increasing self-management skills and preventing complications
- Review of medications and discussion with our clinical pharmacy services
- Assistance with obtaining behavioral health services
If you think you may benefit from these services and would like to refer yourself, or if you have any questions, please contact the Care Management Department at 1-800-557-6916 Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm.
You can also email email@example.com.
Advantage MD Health Educators offer a variety of programs to help you identify risks to your health and learn ways to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle—like achieving a healthy weight or learning how to manage a specific condition. The classes are offered year-round and are conveniently located within or near Johns Hopkins Community Physician sites throughout Maryland.
If you want to adopt lifestyle changes that will help you lead a fulfilling and healthy life, we encourage you to sign up for our Health Coach Program. This program gives you the opportunity to work one-on-one with a personal Health Coach to create an individualized action plan. Whether you want to manage stress, lose weight, improve fitness and nutrition or quit smoking, an Advantage MD Health Coach will provide you with the information and encouragement you’re looking for. The coaching sessions are flexible for your schedule and are conducted over the phone.