How to Use Our Provider Search Tool
Finding a primary care provider (PCP) is an important first step to getting the most out of Johns Hopkins Advantage MD. Your PCP gets to know you and your health needs, treats common problems, teaches you how to keep yourself as healthy as possible, and refers you to specialists if needed.
You can use our provider search tool to find a PCP as well as a specialist or a facility.
Step 1: From our homepage, hover over “Find Medicare Resources” and click “Find A Provider.”
Step 2: Click on “Doctors & Facilities” (under “Doctors & Facilities”). When prompted “You are about to leave the Johns Hopkins Advantage MD website. Would you like to continue?” click “Yes.”
Step 3: To search for a specific provider, type their name into the “Already have a doctor/clinic in mind?” box. As you type, possible matches will appear under the box. If you see the provider you are looking for, you can click on their name. To see the full list of provider matches, click the yellow “SEARCH” button.
If you do not have a provider or clinic in mind, you can perform a general search in the “Search in my network” box.
- First, select whether you are an HMO or PPO member.
- For location, you can type in the zip code of your home (or other convenient location)
- Under “Distance” enter the maximum distance you would travel to see your provider.
- You can also see all providers in your state by simply choosing a state.
- To find a primary care provider (PCP), select “Primary Care” under Service Type. For a specialist, or if you are looking for a facility, other options are available in the drop-down menu. Click the yellow “SEARCH” button.
The results are sorted by the providers closest to the area you searched, but you can also sort by name. Just choose an option from the “Sort by” box under “Search Tools.”
Step 4: If you want to refine your search, you can use the right-hand menu to search providers by specialty, language spoken, or gender.
To make sure that the provider is accepting new patients, check the “Accepting new Patients” option in the right-hand menu. Then click “Search” to refresh the list with only those providers.
You can also do a location search based on your full address to know exactly how far a doctor is from your home or work. Enter your address in the “My Address” section at the bottom of the right-hand menu.
Step 5: NOTE: If it’s a PCP that you’re looking for, you must let Advantage MD know which doctor you have selected. Call Customer Service at 877-293-5325 (PPO) or 877-293-4998 (HMO).