Information on Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Johns Hopkins Advantage MD is tracking the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely. We want to make sure you have up-to-date information about vaccines, testing, and your health plan benefits.
All Maryland residents age 16+ are eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Learn More
Maryland COVID-19 vaccine sites: find a vaccine site near you
Maryland COVID-19 testing sites: find a testing site near you
Maryland Department of Health: state mandates, resources, and information on vaccines and testing
Johns Hopkins University and Medicine: latest news and guidelines
If you are temporarily living outside of Maryland, please follow the guidelines of your state and local health departments.
Advantage MD is working hard to make it easy for you to take advantage of COVID-19 testing and vaccines and to get the health care you need during the pandemic.
- Advantage MD members do not have to pay for an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine from in-network or out-of-network providers. Your cost-share is $0 for these vaccines.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is covered by Medicare. When getting your COVID-19 vaccine, please show your Medicare ID card so you will not be billed.
- Three COVID-19 vaccines have been authorized by the FDA. However, Johns Hopkins Medicine, along with many COVID-19 vaccine providers and sites, have temporarily stopped using the Johnson & Johnson/Jansen vaccine at the recommendation of the CDC and FDA. Learn more.
- The Pfizer and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines have been thoroughly tested and found to be safe and effective in preventing severe COVID-19, and are undergoing continuous and intense safety monitoring. To date, there is an excellent safety record reported among millions of people who have received the Pfizer or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. Learn more.
You still need access to great health care, even if you don’t feel safe going to a provider’s office. Advantage MD has expanded your access to telemedicine benefits to offer members quick access to providers anytime, anywhere.
- Connect to a provider in minutes — 24/7 — with Johns Hopkins OnDemand Virtual Care.
- Same copayments/co-insurance costs apply for telemedicine as for face-to-face visits.
- Real-time audio/video: Now available to members anywhere in the state
- Virtual Check-Ins: 5-10 minute doctor check-ins by phone or video chat
- E-Visits: Doctors analyze members’ pre-recorded video/images within 24 hours
- Advantage MD members do not have to pay for a COVID-19 test.
- Members can have a COVID-19 test from in-network or out-of-network providers.
- No pre-authorization requirements for a test.
- During the health emergency, members can be reimbursed for filling prescriptions at an out-of-network pharmacy; cost-shares would still apply at in-network benefit level.
- During the health emergency, early refill restrictions are also waived on prescriptions for at least 30-day supplies.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Inspector General (OIG) is alerting the public about fraud schemes related to the coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19). Find out how to protect yourself from fraud schemes.